Yoga Immersion Workshops
Thrive and Grow in yoga and in life
Awaken your curiosity, and learn practical ways to move towards a healthier you!
Would you like to pursue yoga studies and learn more about the practice as it applies to you? Are you curious about your body and how our anatomy supports movement? Want to know more about practicing yoga in an innovative way that is both accessible, fun and safe? These weekend workshops will run in conjunction with our Teacher Training and allow students an opportunity to take any weekend immersion to deepen their understanding of Yoga and its benefits. Take one or more weekends of interactive study on the subject of interest to you. Workshops are a great way to learn, grow and explore in community, and awaken your mind in new ways. These workshops are open to everyone. Join us for the Saturday/Sunday immersions on the subjects of interest to you.
ALREADY A TEACHER-LOOKING TO CONTINUE YOUR EDUCATION?
Our trainings are a great way to delve into a topic that you'd like learn more about without committing to a full training. Yoga Alliance Continuing Education hours are available for all classes attended.
Here's what one of our participants shares:
"To all of you who are interested in acquiring more information and experience in your yoga practice but are not thinking of becoming an instructor, do not hesitate to sign up for a section or a day of this instruction as suits your interest or curiosity. There is a welcome place for your yoga mat in this program. I was primarily interested in the section dealing with anatomy and was introduced to the whole internal world of muscles, joints and bones. Now when I participate in a class, I can visualize which muscle group is being worked and understand how to strengthen without injuring. But, as with me, you will find that no matter what takes you into this instruction, you will find much more. Each lesson that I attended dealt plenty with postures, but there were also bigger lessons that touched on the deeper purposes and meaning of a yoga practice. From the first conscious breath to the closing om shanti, shanti, shanti, it is a rich experience..."
Open to all! The only requirement is curiosity and a desire to learn more about this wonderful practice!
2019 Dates and Subjects: Asanas, Alignment, Communication, Sequencing, Energetic Body, Delving Deeper
· Jan. 12-13 Ujjayi Pranayama, Finding your balance-the balance system and balancing poses. Aligning with the muscles to avoid injury.
· Feb. 2-3 Nadi Shodana, Folding forward and bending back.Twists, Side Bends, Laghana/ Brahmana,
· Feb. 23-24 , Warrior series, making the asana fit the body.
· Mar. 2-3 Sequencing putting it together, Yoga to Access the Spiritual Heart: Mantra/Chanting as Vibrational Therapy
· Mar. 16-17 Energies of the body and spirit: Chakras, Koshas, Gunas
· Mar. 30-31 Ethics and business of teaching yoga, Communications skills, Meditation, Yamas and the Niyamas
· Apr. 13-14 Yoga Nidra-Yoga Sleep mining the subconscious, Restorative Yoga-teaching support, release and renewal
· Apr. 27-28 Chair Yoga, Adapting the practice, Yoga for Back Injury
· May 18-19 Ayurveda-Science of life. Using food as medicine. Cleansing, eating for the season, finding your Dosha.
Weekend Hours: Saturday 12:15-7:00 pm. Sunday 10:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
$250 per weekend. Space limited. Sign up early to reserve your space on the subjects of in interest to you!!
Karen Quinn, ERYT500, Certified Yoga Therapist, Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner is the lead instructor for this training. She brings 18 years and over 14,000 hours of teaching experience to create trainings rich in anatomy, alignment and ahimsa. Her emphasis is on sharing the many tools of yoga therapy that allow students to discover the wonder and ease of this ancient practice. In addition, we have assembled an incredible group of instructors with years of hands on experience to share their knowledge and expertise so that you can share with others the many gifts of yoga.
Yoga Center of Carmel Sunset Cultural Center Cottage #18 on 10th Ave. near San Carlos St. Carmel-by-the-Sea Our cottage is located 20 yards northeast of San Carlos St. on 10th Ave in the Sunset Cultural Center. Ample free parking